We gladly accept donations, and we have been fortunate in having a number of good hearted patrons who simply want to help us keep the doors open, and to find a new home for their audio equipment. These folks have our sincere gratitude. We might not be here today without them.
Selling your gear
We purchase (with a few exceptions) select stereo receivers, amplifiers, separates, and turntables primarily from the 1950’s through the early 1980s. We also purchase select speakers and turntables, both vintage and modern. Please note that we purchase at a wholesale level. If your goal is to get the highest price for your item, we recommend selling it to an individual. Ebay and Craigslist are common options. For finer equipment, we suggest Audiogon.
Electronics need not be in working condition. They must be complete and in good cosmetic condition. We can overlook some cosmetic issues for certain items, but this will impact what we can offer.
It usually is best to contact us before making the trip.
Austin Stereo primarily purchases the following items. If you have any questions, please contact us first.
- Analog stereo receivers and amplifiers from the 1950’s to the early 1980’s.
- Bookshelf and monitor sized speakers, as well as select full range floor standing speakers
- Vintage and select current model audiophile turntables
- Vacuum Tube receivers and component amplifiers
We do not purchase
- Surround sound or A/V receivers
- Digital audio components
- Car audio
- CD/DVD players
- Tape decks
- Audio processors, or equalizers.
- Console stereos
- All in one” table top stereo systems. (Some exceptions – KLH and Sony)
With very few exceptions, if it has a remote control, digital display, bluetooth, HDMI, WIFI, or any similar feature, we will not be interested in purchasing it. We will accept these items from clients as a drop off, and will route them to the appropriate recycler.